EDUQUATOR is an Africa focused consultancy firm which is contributing to strengthening the relevance of the education sector in Africa. It is our firm belief that strengthened, relevant education systems will contribute to more and better opportunities for the African people and will improve Africa’s competitiveness in a world in which skills requirements are changing rapidly.
EDUQUATOR’s impact on the relevance of education and training in Africa is achieved by:
- Ensuring that education policies, systems, institutions, programs, staff and graduates meet international standards
- Ensuring university and TVET graduates are absorbed by the labour market and engage in meaningful employment or self-employment (locally, regionally or internationally)
- Improved collaboration between education & training institutions and industry/private sector, through innovative
collaborative projects, public-private partnerships and joint research projects
- Private sector and private education and training providers filling the gaps that cannot be supported bygovernment funding.
EDUQUATOR is an Africa focused consultancy firm which is comprises of two members who are dedicated to improving education sector in Africa.
René Lenssen – Founder & Director
René Lenssen is an Africa focused education sector development expert. He has a
long-standing expertise and is passionate about the following areas:
- Developing labour market and industry driven TVET/skills development programs
- Capacity development for Higher Education Institutions, enhancing their skills in
income generation, consultancy services and applied research
- Strategy and business development, international marketing for the (private) education sector
- Institutional development through leadership and management support, training,
- Project development and management of medium to large-scale (private and donor-funded) education projects in emerging and developing countries. René is a Dutch citizen but has been working and living in Africa since 2004.
Sharleen Muthoni – Founder & Director
Sharleen Muthoni is a project management and research expert. She has been
engaged in proposal development, project implementation and design, research
design, partnership development, fund raising, business development, monitoring &
evaluation, project funds management and curriculum development all in the context
of development work in TVET and higher education.
She has been responsible for identifying gaps and deficiencies in TVET and developing
sustainable solutions. The clients she has worked with include GIZ SOGA, GIZ ATVET,
GIZ YouMatch Germany, Nuffic, CAP Youth Empowerment Institute, CINOP, IDRC,
LIWA Programme Trust (Linking Industry with Academia) and Maastricht School of
Her ability to initiate and develop partnerships has been demonstrated though
her work with universities, TVET institutions, private sector, development partners
and government. The partnerships promote and facilitate relevance and quality
of education, skills and research in education institutions for exceptional training,
education and research delivery. Sharleen is a member of PRINCE2 APMG, YALI (Young
African Leaders Initiative), GIZ YouMatch Network and the Permanent Working Group
for TVET in Kenya.